is any one else totally over politics right now? i mean seriously, has the world not gone crazy over politics of late!? first the decade long run for candidates for the republican and democratic parties in the states (ov-er it), then the nomination of the vice presidential candidates (where i briefly swooned over the idea of a woman in the white house and then watched as the blue collar around her neck tightened like i ginormous noose...sigh... let down) and then the three second long actual canadian election, which i know numerous of my friends did not vote in (tsk tsk) but where i, for the first time in my voting years, actually saw the candidate i voted for win (fist pump - this democracy thing does work...well...sorta).and now the never ending blah blah blah about the election in the US. i mean come on everyone. can it be over already? i really just need a break from the incessant bickering and can anyone truly know what is right or wrong or actually what each person will or wont do? in the canadian debate the moderator exhibited an all time impressive level of patheticism (yah its a word..now) in keeping conversation on track and coherent, and in the vp debate the questions were skirted with such precision one couldnt help but be lost. so lost that when the actual "big fella" debate came up...i didnt have the stomach for it. plus with all the "he said, no i meant, no he meant, but you said" i just feel like who knows! frankly its a roll of the dice folks...good luck to you. so i vote to end the election media coverage, because frankly im downright bored of it all. and really...its all about me.
;)
2 comments:
Definitely some good points Heather but I actually love the US politics right now. Yes, I know I should have cared more about the Canadian election but we all knew what the outcome was going to be and that it would not fundamentally change our lives. The US election is different. Since the US is considered the most powerful country in the world, the decision made on Nov 4th will have a huge ripple effect, especially with the economy the way it is today. I think that is why there is so much fire in the discussions right now.
Granted it has been almost 2 years of campaigning (at least for Obama) which is a bit much. I understand that the candidates have to start early because of the size and split of the country but the media did get going on it way to early. It is amazing to watch people argue back and fourth with such passion. What bother’s me the most are the arguments on issues that aren’t important. Who cares is Palin has an expensive wardrobe or who Obama is friends with!!
The hysteria will all be over soon. It is definitely going to be a historical event regardless of the outcome. I hate to stay up late but I will definitely be watching that night to hear the results and see how the world responds.
I couldn't agree with you more Heather. It has carried on too long, at too much expense, and too much desperate "dirt" digging. Just get it over. As for the passionate debating that Josie finds amazing, how much is about the true issues of running a country with a field of Senators and representatives helping them. I think their mistake is in making there election about one man, with one vice president (woman or man) and therefore it becomes a personal one up manship. The vision is lost and the debating only goes to make it an attack and defend, mostly on stupid persaonal issues that have little bearing on the country at large. Lose the debates and have more speechs by either man illuminating their platform and their message and not having to answer personal stuff on the air. The word debate means there will be nasty jabs and inuendos, with lttle to be gained for either in doing so. I think the only questions posed to them should be important political issues and not one about personal things. It only goes to confuse us the public. I don't care about how much is spent on clothes as I do not profess to walk in her public shoes where millions would just as easily criticize her for wearing the same suit over again. Get real people! The longer it carries on the more desperate the media are to look for something to excite the public with. It has long been know that the media do more damage than good on aiding a country to make a good decision of their own choosing. We are a media driven world and what power they have to paint pictures that they choose and we the public (as is human nature) love to cry out in indignant manner at the slightest picture or comment that demeans one or another. It is really a very sad reflection. That is my opinion. I think the election will be interesting and I too will want to watch the excitement of seeing who the country chose. This night is the culmination of a very long process of which I think has exhausted the politicians, their families and definitely a world. Mum
Post a Comment