about a week ago sommer sent me and a few of her fellow shopaholic friends (christine new you'd be cc'd) a link to an article in the toronto star. it was a piece about two friends who self-professedly shopped and shopped...and loved to shop.
www.365fashionrehab.com they made the supreme sacrifice. they decided to give up shopping...for a year! um thats 365 days mind you! no clothes, no accessories, no make up, no home decor....nothing that is not
literally essential.

right away...i felt inspired. excited. i could do this. i love a good challenge. i could prove it to everyone out there who doubts my willpower and mocks my general knowledge of the contents of every store in sherway... and just as i was about to commit i realised... i'm going to europe in may. i absolutely. must. be. able to. shop. in. europe. lets be real here. am i right?! well what if i do it until may then....hmmm....still not easy. i need back up. moral support, creative fashion assistance...enter the bff. after a mere three line bbm... mariss was in.
we are hashing out the details and rules of our three month quest - to end on may 20th (my departure date and in time for mariss to get a new summer wardrobe (post pregnancy clothes). yes we know its no 365 day commitment, but its still a good effort on our part...think of it as a chubby lent. sunday we finalize the deets, so look for a first post to commence on monday with all of the rules...gots to run out and use a few gift cards up now!
hey and any one of you are welcome to jump on our mini-bandwagon... misery
loves company!
5 comments:
Lyndon must be grinning from ear to ear right now!!
Are you crazy lady??!
We'll, I guess I'm sort of on "the sacrifice" living in Cayman....there is nothing to buy here!! Trust me, I have tried! That's why I go mental on home visits...I'm exhausted after Sherway now...over stimulated!!!
oh man you girls are crazy! I am trying to not shop for myself for a month...and let me tell you it's a struggle!! I give you props, and may join your misery if I can get through this month...baby steps!
love it! i am totally impressed that you are taking on the challenge. question: does buying drinks at starbucks count? yikes! might want to look into that one.
no starbucks is not included...we are working out our own set of rules...check back for the details.
Post a Comment