Thursday, July 03, 2008

no other option. period.

i have a new hero. his name is will. and he is fab. will smith was on ellen today and lyn and i happened to catch his appearance. will is so casually funny that its immensely endearing. we decided that will is one of those celebs that we would be friends with... hands down (note: undoubtedly, will would want to be our friends too.) will was talking about his life and how happy he is and as always, he got asked about his relationship with jada. he and jada have been married 10 years, which ellen side-noted is actually like 50 years in celebrity marriage years...and she is right. there are maybe a handful of celebrities that can boast that many years of marriage.

will said, and i quote, " jada and i decided that there are no other options to being together forever." he said that there are times in everyone's life when their sig. other will say or do something that will make you think...um thats worthy of a divorce....but really its not. we all have disagreements and fights etc. but the main problem with marriages is that there are too many options. you can always opt out of a marriage, so they agreed that they are elliminating the options. the only option is either they live together grumpy at each other or they get over it and live their lives joyfully. i love this. eliminate the option. they took that till-death-do-us part thing seriously. and i love it.

will went on to say something else that i love..."your life gets better the more good people you surround yourself with" i just really appreciate his positive outlook on life, they are simple concepts articulated simply. well done...well done.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i agree with will. i love it...eliminate the option. there are times when i want to strangle the hub...but i would rather be strangling the hub than any other "option" out there.
thanks for the post button.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you about being friends with Will and Jada. Claire and I are having dinner with them tomorrow. Do you want to join?

I totally agree with the part about surrounding yourself with good people. I've been trying to do this for the better part of my life and I'm quite thankful for it. The more the merrier. Thanks for being part of that. Cheers.

Josie said...

I have always loved Will, especially when you watch him interviewed on t.v. He has such love and respect for his family that you can't help admire him. I love the comment of surrounding yourself with great people. I think that starts to happen naturally as you get older...weed out the bad ones!!

Anonymous said...

While I love Will & Jada, aren't they friends with Tom & Katie?? Not sure if Tom constitutes "good people"...crazy, yes, but good???