Friday, February 23, 2007

saying 'no' to the salt shaker

thats what i did for lent. gave up the salt shaker. sure lots of you are saying...what kind of sacrifice is that, but let me tell you...its a big accomplishment for me. i hope to come out of this 40 days having conquered my salt cravings...my mouth is watering...i WILL do this. i have a long 40 days ahead of me.

so this is the big oscar weekend...who are your picks? i really haven't seen many of the movies nominated. i had every intention of seeing them, but time slipped away, i only managed to see a handful of the nominees, but as you might all be aware, im routing for marie antoinette in costume design. quite frankly im more into the show for the outfits...oh and ellen. i think she is going to be a big win on sunday night. i seriously think she is hilarious. did you see oprah on ellen yesterday? oprah totally can't let the reins be in someone else's hand. i guess its probably more habit than anything else. although marissa did point out something to me that my dad has been saying for awhile...oprah's favourite work is "I"...dont get me wrong, i still love oprah...but watch for it.

i received my first wedding invite of the year, i am counting on two more, and who knows after that. i just hope we take it down a notch from last year. i am imagining that there will be some baby showers to attend! fun...nice change of pace. well i'm off to spend a domesticated evening baking cupcakes for my hubby and making an effort to clean the house (i can't believe i have had no cleaning lady recommendations!)

ps the lottery is 10 mill tonight...perhaps i'll buy a ticket on the way home...that would be a nice b day gift for lyn...can you beleive he's going to be 30? i mean...wow...we're getting old.
well...keep it real.
little h.

2 comments:

E. Bryce said...

yay you wrote a post! Wish Lyndon a Happy happy Birthday! I need to come over soon to watch Grey's, I missed it! Have a great weekend! Salt was a good choice. As for the Oscars: I am nominating Leo for Blood Diamond, even though because of the politics he won't win...but I am a strong supporter!

Anonymous said...

NO SALT? Oh my goodness Heather, I commend you for your effort. I've given up chocolate and trying all junk (chips, pop)food - although 40 days doesn't seem that long we all no that once we give something up that's when we want it the most.
Wish a BIG Happy Birthday to Lyndon.